Each airline has its own luggage transport conditions and rules and determines how many pieces of luggage, what weight and dimensions the passenger can take on board. It also determines what type of luggage is free of charge and what type is for a free. The passenger should not rely on his experience with another airline, but always study the conditions of carriage of the airline he is currently flying with. The passenger can find them on the company's websites in the Terms & Conditions section, or this information will be provided by a travel agency.
- Hand luggage is the one that the passenger carries along during the entire time at the airport and the flight. Usually the passenger places these belongings (handbag, laptop, backpack, plastic bag, duty free purchase…) into the space under the seat in front of the passenger or in the overhead lockers in the aircraft.
- Checked-in luggage – the passenger hands it over at the check-in desk before the flight. It is placed in the luggage hold of the plane. The passenger will take the checked-in luggage from the baggage carousel after the arrival to the destination.
Baggage packing and weighing
In the departure hall of the airport (at the check-in counters), you can use the baggage packing and weighing service.
Air carriers baggage policy:
(Alghero, Bourgas, Brussels - Charleroi, Corfu, Dalaman, Dublin, Edinburgh, Eindhoven, Kaunas, Lanzarote, Leeds – Bradford, London - Stansted, Malta, Manchester, Milan - Bergamo, Palma de Mallorca, Paphos Rome - Ciampino, Sofia, Thessaloniki, Trapani, Zagreb)
- Hand baggage: 1 smaller bag for free – max. 35 x 20 x 20 cm. Only passengers with Priority Boaring are allowed to carry 2 pcs of luggage on board.
- Checked baggage: possible to book online 10 kg, 20 kg baggage for a fee, extra charge for airport purchase
(London - Luton, Skopje)
- Hand baggage: Passenger without WIZZ Priority are allowed to carry only one item of hand luggage for free - max. 40 cm x 30 cm x 20 cm.
- Checked baggage: Max. 23 kg or 32 kg, max. 149 x119 x 171 cm
Clients of travel agencies should follow the weight and amount of luggage instructions sent to them from the travel agency! Passengers with individual tickets follow the rules according to the purchased ticket price package (information below).
Weight and count limits :
Baggage weight and count included in the fare may vary pursuant to the price package:
|Price package||Checked bag||Cabin bag||Small Personal Item|
|Economy Lite||Not included||1 x 8 kg||Not included|
|Economy Plus||1 x 23 kg||1 x 8 kg||1x 3 kg|
|Economy Semi Flexible||1 x 23 kg||1 x 8 kg||1x 3 kg|
|Economy Flexible||1 x 23 kg||1 x 8 kg||1x 3 kg|
|Business Lite||2 x 32 kg||2 x 8 kg||1x 3 kg|
|Business||2 x 32 kg||2 x 8 kg||1x 3 kg|
|Business Flexible||2 x 32 kg||2 x 8 kg||1x 3 kg|
- For technical reasons, it is not possible to check pieces of baggage more than 32kg and/or 250cm in combined length, width and height, including handles, side pockets and wheels.
- Cabin bag is an unregistered bag with maximum dimensions of 56x45x25 cm and weight of up to 8 kg or a musical instrument with weight not exceeding 8 kg, maximum length of 90 cm, maximum width of 35 cm and maximum depth of 20 cm, all including the case.
- Small personal bag shall mean a lady purse or a laptop with max. dimensions of 40x30x15 cm and weight of up to 3 kg.
- Baggage pooling is not allowed.
- Cabin baggage and small personal items that exceed the maximum permitted amount, size and/or weight will be transported as checked baggage for a fee pursuant to the carrier´s price list in the aircraft cargo hold.
(Hurghada, Marsa Alam)
- Hand baggage: 1 piece for free, max. 7 kg
- Checked baggage: 1 piece max. 23 kg.
- Hand luggage: If passengers purchase a ticket at the basic price, they can take 2 hand luggage on board free of charge - a smaller one for personal items (laptop, medicine, documents, electronic devices...) that fits under the seat in front passengers, and one with dimensions of 55 x 40 x 23 cm up to a weight of 8 kg.
- Checked baggage: Passengers can pay extra for checked baggage with dimensions of 80 x 50 x 28 cm and a maximum weight of 12 kg (from €35) or 20 kg (from €55). At the same time, their final price differs from a specific airline. Checked baggage must be registered before the flight and placed in the hold of the aircraft.
More information: Baggage - TUS Airways
- Hand luggage: The size and number of pieces of permitted hand luggage that passengers can take on board for free depends on the type of ticket. Regarding hand luggage, Aegean Airlines distinguishes 4 levels of tickets:
- Light Fare (economy): Passengers can take 1 piece of luggage measuring 56 x 45 x 25 cm with a maximum weight of 8 kg or 1 piece of personal luggage (female or male bag, laptop, etc.), which fits under the seat in front of the passenger.
- Flex or Comfort Flex (economy): Passengers can take 1 piece of luggage measuring 56 x 45 x 25 cm with a maximum weight of 8 kg, as well as 1 piece of personal luggage (women's or men's briefcase, laptop bag, etc.), which fits under the seat in front of the passenger.
- Business: Passengers can take 1 piece of luggage measuring 56 x 45 x 25 cm with a maximum weight of 13 kg, as well as 1 piece of personal luggage (women's or men's bag, laptop bag, etc.), which fits under the seat in front of the passenger.
- Checked baggage: Checked baggage also depends on the level of the ticket the passenger purchases. However, in general, if passengers want to take checked baggage, the lineal dimensions of the baggage (sum of the height, width, and depth) must not be greater than 152 cm.
- Light Fare (economy): Within this ticket level, passengers can purchase checked baggage up to 23 kg for €27 and up to 32 kg for €52.
- Flex (economy): Within this level of ticket, the passenger can purchase checked baggage up to 23 kg for €25 and up to 32 kg for €50.
- Comfort Flex or Saver (economy): Within this level of ticket, the passenger has price of 1 piece of checked baggage up to 23 kg. An additional piece of luggage or luggage with a higher weight can be paid extra.
- Business: Within this level of the ticket, the passenger has 2 pieces of checked luggage up to 32 kg in the price.
More information: Baggage Calculator | AEGEAN (aegeanair.com)
- Hand luggage: The passenger can take 1 piece of hand luggage on board, but the weight must not exceed 8 kg and the lineal dimensions of the luggage (sum of the height, width and depth) 115 cm.
- Checked baggage: Checked baggage can the passenger take on the flight with Air Montenegro, it depends on the class of ticket purchased and also on the age of the passenger (whether it is an adult, a child or an infant):
|Passenger||Business class||Economy class|
|Adult, Child||2 pc||1 pc|
|Max 23 kg/each||Max 23 kg/each|
|Max dimensions 158 cm/each*||Max dimensions 158 cm/each*|
|Baby||1 pc, max 10kg/each, max dimensions 158cm/each*|
|plus 1 collapsible baby stroller or 1 baby seat|
|* Max dimensions = length + width + height|
More information: Air Montenegro | Baggage
More in this section
Use of alternative transportation to the Airport
There is a public transport bus to M. R. Štefánik Airport no. 61 in the direction from the main railway station and public transport bus no. 96 in the direction from Petržalka, Prokofievova street.
Travel with us from the Bratislava Airport and discover new destinations