Do I have to fill in the formular before entering to Slovakia?
Yes, you have to fill in the formular, no matter the country you are arriving from:
You are obliged to register also here:
Information about the border regime for third country citizens:
More information about public health measures in Slovakia can be found here:
What precautionary measure have been taken at the airport?
Airport operators in the territory of the Slovak Republic are obliged to:
- enable to enter and stay in the airport premises only persons with covered upper respiratory tract with a respirator without exhalation valve of category FFP2, KN95 or N95; the obligation does not apply to children under 6 years of age, persons with mental disability at the intermediate or severe level or hearing impairment and persons with severe autism spectrum disorders;
- ensure hand disinfectant substances at the entrance to the airport premises;
- ensure minimal physical distance of 2 metres between individuals; d) place a visible notification of the obligation to comply with the above-stated measures (upper respiratory tract cover, distances, hands disinfection) at all entries to the airport premises;
- use audio-visual health safety promotion materials to regularly inform passengers of the obligation to comply with preventive measures (minimal physical distance at least 2 metres, upper respiratory tract cover, hand hygiene);
- regularly inform passengers of the obligation to complete the Electronic Public Health Passenger Locator Form (PLF form) published on the webpage https://www.mindop.sk/covid/ as well as the obligation to register on the website https://korona.gov.sk/en/ehranica/;
- ensure that passengers have an option to buy a respirator without exhalation valve of category FFP2, KN95 or N95 and hand disinfectant substances;
- modify individual passenger handling processes before departure and after arrival as to prevent excessive accumulation of passengers at one place and at one time, if possible;
- ensure the airport slots allocation between arrivals to prevent accumulation of passengers from different destinations on airport premises, if possible;
- in the premises of the arrival terminal create conditions for passenger to register on the website https://korona.gov.sk/en/ehranica/
Full text of the Measure can be found here.
Is the airport open 24 hours?
The terminal is open 24 hours but some entrances into the terminal building open 2,5 hours before each departure only.
Are there any changes in security control procedures?
Passengers are required to follow the instructions of security agents in a disciplined manner, and there, as in all procedures where queues are expected, it will be necessary to keep a physical distance of at least 2 meters and to wear the face mask (FFP2, KN95) at all times.
Who may enter Slovakia via external border?
The following persons can enter Slovakia via its external border (border with Ukraine as well as air borders for flights from outside the Schengen Area):
- persons who are relatives of person with the permanent or temporary residence in the territory of the Slovak Republic or relatives of the citizen of the Slovak Republic, i.e. husband/wife, minor, parent of a minor who is a citizen of the Slovak Republic,
- Persons who have been granted a valid residence in the territory of the Slovak Republic under the Act No. 404/2011 on the Residence of Foreigners and on Amendments to Certain Acts as Amended (hereinafter referred to as the “Act on the Residence of Foreigners”) or are holders of a national visa issued by the embassy of the Slovak Republic. The entry into the territory of the Slovak Republic is also considered to be a valid stay of third-country nationals who, after fulfilling the legal conditions, are not required to submit an application for temporary residence within 90 days from the beginning of their stay in the Slovak Republic (§ 23 par. 6; § 24 par. 4; § 25 par. 3; § 26 par. 2; § 30 par. 4 of the Act on the Residence of Foreigners). The purpose of the stay must be proved by third-country nationals at the external border by credible documents.
- Persons who fulfill all the conditions for a general exemption from compulsory isolation and other obligations after entry specified in § 6, § 7 or § 8 of the valid Decree of the Public Health Authority of the Slovak Republic, which imposes measures in the event of a threat to public health on the quarantine obligations of persons after entering the territory of the Slovak Republic e.g. freight crew members, transiting passengers to the Member States in which they are granted residence.
- Residents of Australia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Canada, Jordan, New Zealand, Qatar, Republic of Moldova, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Republic of Korea, Ukraine, China (special administrative areas of People´s Republic of China Hongkong, Macao), Uruguay and Taiwan.
- Persons who have received the last recommended dose of COVID-19 vaccine approved by the EMA at least 14 days before entering the EU+ region – one of vaccines approved in the EU according Regulation (EC) 726/2004 - BioNTech and Pfizer (Comirnaty), Moderna, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson / Janssen Pharmaceuticals
More information can be found at the website of Ministry of Interior of Slovak Republic.